We are hiring Level 2 and 3 ECEs for our Lab Schools
Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education is currently hiring Permanent Full-Time Level 2 or 3 Early Childhood Educators for our Lab Schools with Potential for Career Advancement
We are currently hiring full-time permanent Level 2 or 3 ECEs for our lab schools.
Starting probationary hourly rate between $17.94 - $19.94 with a comprehensive benefits package and many employee perks. We provide a medical/health/dental benefits package, RRSP matching, paid personal days, and a day off from work for your birthday. We offer opportunities for training, social events, and much more.
We offer many opportunities for advancement within the organization and place an important focus on career development and promotion.
About the Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education:
The Nova Scotia College of Early Childhood Education (NSCECE) is Atlantic Canada’s first provider of early childhood education. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with three lab schools (childcare centres), our faculty, staff, and students share a passion for early childhood education and are proud to provide life-shaping experiences to the children, families, and the communities we serve.
In the lab school environment, the expectation is for early childhood educators to model the ingredients of quality childcare that are taught in the academic program and to implement a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate, responsive to the needs of the community, utilizes the Early Curriculum Framework and is research-based.
Educators in the lab school work in a team environment supporting children, families, and student educators from various local child care related college and university programs.
- Provide a nurturing, developmentally appropriate learning environment for children.
- Maintain a child-centered schedule that meets the needs of children.
- Collect daily observations of children’s interests, skills, and needs and use that data for program planning and for developmental profile information of children (portfolio development).
- Communicate with families, colleagues, and regulators in a professional and open manner.
- Work as a team member.
- Accept direction from the supervisor and act on this constructive feedback.
- Adhere to all licensing requirements set out by the Early Learning and Child Care Regulations of Nova Scotia and be aware of the Capable, Confident and Curious: Nova Scotia’s Early Learning Curriculum Framework.
- Work in collaboration with team members to ensure licensing requirements are met.
- Work in collaboration with team members to ensure that quality indicators are carried out in the program.
- Post all written requirements as per program expectations. (i.e. Timetables, program plans, allergies, hand washing procedures, etc.)
- Model policies and procedures taught in the academic program regarding behaviour guidance, parent involvement, health and safety, nutrition, curriculum development, children with special needs, and anti-bias.
- Model curriculum guidelines outlined by the emergent curriculum educational approach.
Required Skills / Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education (minimum requirement).
- Experience working in childcare is an asset.
- Adherence to all licensing requirements set out by the Early Learning and Child Care Regulations of Nova Scotia
- Proven record of functioning as a team member.
- Current First Aid and CPR Level C, Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Check and, Child Abuse Registry Letter
- Proof of Vaccination
Interested candidates, please submit a detailed CV and cover letter in one document to LeeAnne.Eveline@nscece.ca with the subject line: ECE Employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.